Saturday, 8 October 2011
Blog Action Day 2011 - Food!
Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day. It aims to raise awareness and trigger global discussion around an important issue that impacts us all. Fellow bloggers - this year Blog Action Day coincides with World Food Day so the topic is food. If you want to take part then just register on the site before 16 October 2011 and do a post about food on that date. Soem of the topics they suggest as possible ones to consider include the following, which fit the green credentials of CIN:
- To be organic or not to be, that is the question.
- Is your hamburger hurting the environment? It takes 24 liters of water to produce one hamburger. That means it would take over 19.9 billion liters of water to make just one hamburger for every person in Europe.
- Vegan, Vegetarian
- How does Fair Trade food help farmers and communities get out of poverty?
- Freeganism – eating the things others throw away.
- The scandal of food waste.
- Growing your own – the joys and heartache of growing what you eat?
If you cover any of those topics let us know - we'll link to you as well. Or if you don't have your own blog then we're happy to host posts on that date, elevating you to honorary guest blogger for the day. Just send us your text and name.